10.01.2013

Cheese Rolling :)

I don't know why, but English people of different age take part in pursuit of cheese . Players stand in their positions and wait for the start. The judge releases a cheese and the players chase it down the hill.
I don't understand what's so funny about it especially for the cheese! Because the hill is steep the players begin to roll down. Such enterainment often causes injuries , so the organizers provide medical assistance and try to prepare  the hill. It's so stupid!  I don't know what I would do, if I broke something and went to  hospital. Someone would ask me "How did it happen?" and I would have to say: I was chasing the cheese  :) The whole thing consists of several races. There are the winners in all of them. The first prize is ... cheese, the second is 10 pounds and the third 5 pounds. This is so unfair! They are dirty and in pain and all they get is cheese and some money.The winners can take part in next races.

Foto from here.


That's one of the weirdest English traditions, don't you think?


~by Glimmer

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz